BANGLADESH JOURNAL OF FISHERIES
Published by: The Fisheries Society of Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries is devoted to researches on the exploration, improvement, management and utilization of all aquatic resources and their freshwater, brackishwater, mangrove, and marine environments and as are related directly or indirectly to human consumption and welfare.
- Papers for publication in the Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries should report results of original research. Review papers are generally requested for by the editor. Papers should be in English, typed doublespaced and on one side of the paper (A4 size) with sufficient margin on all sides, and should not ordinarily exceed 20 typed pages (approximately 5000 words). A paper is received on the understanding that it has not been, and will not be, published elsewhere, and that it may be edited where necessary, for brevity, clarity and elimination of redundancy.
- A paper should be preceded by a title page containing the title of the paper, the name(s) and full address(es)/ affiliations of author(s), a short running title and the detailed contact address including email and cell phone of the corresponding author to be distinguished by an asterisk. The second page will start with the title followed by an informative Abstract preferably within 200 words. The Abstract should be followed by 4-6 key words and then by sections on Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, and Literature Cited.
- Tables and Figures: Tables should be typed on separate sheets. Foot-notes should be avoided as far as possible. Figures/Graphics should be prepared in GIF, TIFF, JPEG or PowerPoint.Tables and Figures should be appropriately cited in the manuscript.
- Only metric system should be used for measures and weights.
- Citation and references: For single author citation, last name of the author followed by a comma and the year (Rousset, 2008); for two authors- the last names are joined by ‘and’ followed by a comma and the year (Belton and Azad, 2012); for more than three or more authors use the last name of the first author followed by et al. and year (Hansen et al., 2006). In case of two or more publications by the same author(s) add a, b, etc(Hebert et al., 2004a, 2004b) to distinguish the citations. Only references actually cited in the paper should be listed under Literature Cited. This should be done alphabetically and in the style as shown below for journals (1), books (2), and multiauthor volumes (3). In case of articles with more than one authors, the last name of only the first author should occur, with a comma, before the initials. Journals should be abbreviated according to the latest edition of the World List of Scientific Periodicals.
- Pouilly, M., S. Barrera, and C. Rosales. 2006. Changes of taxonomic and trophic structure of fish assemblages along an environmental gradient in the Upper Beni watershed (Bolivia). Fish Biol. 68: 137-156.
- Lucas, J. S. and P. C. Southgate. 2012. Aquaculture: Farming Aquatic Animals and Plants, 2nd Edition. Wiley-Blackwell. Pp. 648.
- Gjerde, B. 2005. Design of breeding programs. In: T. Gjedrem (Editor). Selection and Breeding Programs in Aquaculture. Springer, The Netherlands. pp.173-195.
- Page proofs will be sent to the corresponding author for corrections. The corrected proof should be immediately returned to the Executive Editor. Authors should not insert new matter into proofs, or correct faults in the style or arrangement of their papers at this stage. The corresponding authors will receive printed copy of the journal gratis and a pdf copy of the reprint. Extra copy of journal may be booked for purchase when page proofs are returned to the Executive Editor.
- Short Communication should differ from full papers on the bases of scope or completeness, rather than on the quality of research. They should report significant new findings on problems with narrow, well-defined limits, or important findings that warrant rapid publication before broader studies are completed. The text should be between 500 and 1500 words, but should not be divided into conventional sections.
- Publication cost: Article Processing Charge (APC): Tk. 500/- to be paid at the time of submission of the manuscript as Article Processing Charge which is non-refundable. Once a manuscript has been accepted, the corresponding author will be contacted to pay Tk. 2500/- as printing charge. The money can be sent cash or electronically (bkash, bank transfer). For foreign author(s), the publication charge is USD 75.00.
- All correspondence should be address to Professor Dr. Md. Samsul Alam, Executive Editor, Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries, C/O Faculty of Fisheries Building, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh 2202, Bangladesh. Email: email@example.com; Tel. (091)67401-6 Extn. 2915. Cell. +8801727163054.